Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP Queen's)
Get involved in shaping maternity services
MVP Queen's is an independent advisory body, made up of service users (women and their partners), commissioners and providers of maternity services who work together to Make Maternity Better in the area served by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
We aim to give people who have experienced maternity services, at both Queen’s Hospital and in the local community, an opportunity to have their say. Whether a positive or negative experience, we encourage these people to come up with solutions to help make maternity services the best they can be. With over 8,000 births each year, there are always things that can be improved or developed – and that’s where we help!
What do we do?
- We meet bi-monthly to discuss our local maternity services - how they are working for parents and how they should be developed. It’s an opportunity to input your thoughts, share your experiences and ideas
- We agree an annual work plan and we work together to make the work plan a reality
- A number of our service user reps are official Trust volunteers, and regularly carry out a 'walk the patch' around maternity areas to ensure quality of delivery
- We seek out, listen to and respond to the opinions of local parents across all communities within the area served by the Trust, making extra effort to hear from seldom-heard groups
- We share best practice with other areas of the Trust, other MVPs and other interested parties.
There are a lot of different ways to get involved – we encourage women who are pregnant and both mums and their partners who have recently had a baby, or who even had their baby a few years ago to get involved. Your opinion counts and we can only help things get better with your input.