Our pledge to safety
Sign up to Safety aims to deliver a single vision for the NHS – to become the safest healthcare system in the world.
The campaign requires each organisation to sign up to five key pledges that will support its aims:
- Put safety first – commit to reduce avoidable harm in the NHS by half and make public our goals and plans locally
- Continually learn – make our organisation more resilient to risks, by acting on the feedback from patients and by constantly measuring and monitoring how safe our services are
- Honesty – be transparent with people about our progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong
- Collaborate – take a leading role in supporting collaborative learning, so that improvements are made across all of the local services that patients use
- Support – help people to understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Give staff the time and support to improve and celebrate the progress
Visit NHS England's Sign Up to Safety page for more information.