Sexual health services in Barking, Havering and Redbridge
We provide free and confidential sexual health and contraceptive services for anyone over 13. You don’t need to be referred by your GP.
Come to us for:
- Contraception - available for residents of Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge and any other London borough.
- We also provide services if you are resident of a non London borough and have emergency contraception needs, or are under the age of 18 years, or have IUD/IUS fitted and are experiencing abdominal pain.
- Quick-check sexual health testing (you must have no symptoms)
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Information and advice about pregnancy, contraception and HIV
- If you are a resident of Barking and Dagenham, Havering or Redbridge you can access online sexual health services at www.bhrut-dl.shl.uk This is suitable if you are over 18 and have no symptoms. Online kits are also available for some other London Boroughs, and you can visit this website to check if you are eligible.
All services are available at our main site in Barking, with satellite clinics in our three boroughs.
Being seen at our clinics
You can book an appointment at your nearest clinic, or visit us during our walk-in times and sit and wait to be seen.
If you would like to book an appointment, or if you have any questions about our service, give us a call on 020 8924 6674.
Remember to turn up ten minutes before your appointment starts. Let us know if you’d like to cancel or change your appointment on the same number - 020 8924 6674.
If you’re under 13 and you’re concerned about your sexual health, our friendly health advisors are here to talk. Call us on 020 8924 6563.
We'll call you with any positive test results, usually within seven to ten working-days. If we have your mobile number, we will text you if your test results are negative.
- Consultant Lead: Dr Sharmin Obeyesekera
- Lead Nurse Family Planning/Contraception: Sally Kelsey
- Lead Nurse GU: Jill Kendall
- HIV Advanced Nurse Practitioner: Emma Macfarlane
- Lead Sexual Health Adviser: Matthew Chou
- Department Manager: Martin Gardner
- Service Manager: Gary Bradshaw