Patient safety memos
Our safety campaigns
We want you to feel safe when you visit us, and we’re always working on new and innovative ways to ensure our care is the safest it can be.
We have recently developed a series of safety campaigns:
- Better patient records [pdf] 157KB: improving quality of documentation
- Duty of Candour [pdf] 270KB: being open and honest with patients about their care
- Medicines management [pdf] 173KB: storing and administering medicines safely
- Patient Falls [pdf] 261KB: reducing falls in our hospitals
- Speaking up [pdf] 238KB: raising concerns
Each campaign has its own engaging Patient Safety Memo which include messages from our staff and invite you to share your feedback. For example, you can:
- tell us what you think about our steps to make your care safer
- share any ideas you have about how we can improve safety
Leaving feedback couldn’t be easier. Simply write your responses in the box and click submit.
Your views really do help us improve our care and keep you safe, so please tell us what you think.
All responses are stored anonymously, but please do not share information that could help to identify you such as hospital number, date of birth or address.
If you would like to read more about how we’re keeping you safe, you can:
- visit our performance
- read our Speak out Safely pledge
- find out about our accident and emergency quality indicators
- view our safe staffing level reports
If you would like to feedback about your care, please visit patient advice and liaison (PALS).