Macmillan cancer information and support services
When you are affected by cancer, getting the right kind of information and support, at the right time, is essential.
Our Macmillan Cancer Information and Support team at Queen’s Hospital provides a confidential drop-in service for anyone affected by cancer.
We can help people who:
- require information about cancer
- have a cancer diagnosis
- have survived cancer
- are living with the consequences of a cancer diagnosis
- are looking to reduce the risks of cancer
- are a carer, relative, or friend of someone with cancer
- are healthcare professionals
Key telephone numbers
Advice line or to cancel/change your appointment: 01708 435174
What types of treatment are available in our service?
- links to the clinical teams treating certain cancers
- links to local and national support services
- signposting to self help and support groups
- complementary therapy services
- counselling support
- wig and headwear advice
- liaison with other voluntary and statutory agencies
- free and confidential welfare, benefits and debt advice
- free literature on all aspects of living with cancer
- opportunities to discuss treatments, side effects and other cancer issues
- opportunity to talk to someone confidentially
- over the phone support for those not able to visit in personHealth and wellbeing events for you post treatment
Haematology and Oncology outpatient department
Rom Valley Way
We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
We also have a Cancer Information Resource Room in the Cedar Centre at King George Hospital. It is staffed by volunteers on Tuesdays and Thursdays and open for browsing Wednesday and Friday.
Our Macmiilan Cancer information officer is Alix Holmes.
We have a number or trained Macmillan volunteers who support our service.
Referrals and other information
You can contact us by calling 01708 435174 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other relevant information
For finance or welfare advice ring Macmillan Advice Project on: 020 8514 1359
Appointments are available at Queen’s Hospital on Wednesdays 9am - 12.30pm and Fridays 2 - 4.30pm
We also have appointments available at King George Hospital on Wednesdays 2 - 4.30pm
Please make sure you ring us to make an appointment as we are unable to offer a drop in service.