Cedar Centre – Health and Wellbeing Hub
The Cedar Centre is a welcoming hub offering a range of groups and activities to support our patients living with and beyond their cancer diagnosis. There is a calming group room, counselling support, complementary therapies and Macmillan welfare benefits advice all on offer within the Hub.
What types of activities are available in our service?
- EMPOWER – a health and wellbeing event when you are diagnosed with cancer
- HOPE (Help overcoming problems effectively) – a six week course following treatment to help build resilience and find your inner strengths
- HOPE (Time and space) – a workshop for friends and family to take time to talk about coping when a loved one has cancer
- Look Good Feel Better (LGFB) pampering sessions - attending a LGFB provides a real source of support, bringing together groups of women in a relaxing and light hearted environment. With the help and encouragement of LGFBbeauty consultants, the free two hour session involves you being taken through a specially designed ten step skincare and make up regime
- Macmillan workshops which include relaxation and visualisation, art therapy and creative writing
- Complementary therapy service which offers reflexology, aromatherapy, indian head massage and light massage for our cancer patients and their carers for patients under the care of an oncology/haematology consultant
- Psychological support service which offers individual counselling sessions. Please speak to your healthcare professional if you require a referral.
Key Telephone Numbers
To book onto one of our group sessions contact Living with and Beyond Cancer Team – 01708 435 556.
To book complementary therapies contact – 01708 504 208 or email email@example.com
To arrange to see our Macmillan Welfare Benefits Advisor contact – 020 8514 1359.
The Cedar Centre
King George Hospital
Our Living with and Beyond Cancer Lead is Lucy Brooks.
Our Macmillan Information and Support Manager is Alix Holmes.
Our Macmillan Data Coordinator is Mehreen Ramsahye.
Our Complementary Therapist is Pragna Magudia.