We need your help
We need your help to transform your local hospitals into more comfortable and welcoming environments. Our major appeals identify where the need is greatest and your support is key in making them a reality.
Support our appeals - call 01708 435 000 ex 2922 or 4894
We want to improve life for those who work and heal in our hospitals and our green gym initiative is part of an on-site, on-going health and wellbeing programme supporting patients and staff to be healthy and active. The green gyms will be available at King George and Queen’s Hospitals, providing an opportunity for our local community to take part in outdoor physical activity.
Main benefits include:
- Free for all to use
- Easy access to both sites
- Equipment to target muscle groups, improve balance and co-ordinaton
- Low impact equipment perfect for patient rehabilitation therapy
- Suggested work outs at each exercise station
- Equipment suitable for disabled and older people to use.
This project is also in line with the Government’s efforts to tackle obesity within our communities and encourage us to all take responsibility for our own health and wellbeing.